Personal mail search & annotation engine.
Ideas & Inspiration
- Titus wants it
- rip off ideas from Zoe; fix problems mentioned in Zoe Review. (Other Zoe links.)
- Splunk has a nice search interface that we can, umm, "use for inspiration".
- see also archivemail
- features: would be nice to be able to sftp mail files;
- could also contribute to a general mail archive indexer/searcher/commenting system.
- scan some mailboxes (incoming... spam...) more regularly than others; define filter keywords for notification?
- rss feeds for searches & new e-mail?
- bin/index-mail socal-piggies.mbox
- bin/search-mail Diane
- bin/MailOnnaStick.py -p 8080
then visit issola.caltech.edu:8080/
Try searching for Diane.
Development and Testing Methodology
Cutting a release
Increment version number in setup.py and mosweb?? mos??
svn copy svn+ssh://email@example.com/svn/t/agile/mail-onna-stick/trunk/ \ svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/svn/t/agile/mail-onna-stick/tags/release-0.2 -m "tagging release 0.2 of mail-onna-stick"
python setup.py bdist_egg
Installing the Egg
easy_install -f http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/dist/ MailOnnaStick